Monday, March 4, 2013

Little House Books - For Boys Too




When I was young, I loved the Little House on the Prairie book series.  I read all of them several times.  When I was a young adult I saw the entire series for an excellent price on one of my mom's book orders (she was a kindergarten teacher).  So, I bought it, and saved it to recommend to my daughters someday. 

Not too long ago, I was cleaning the garage out and ran onto the bin that held the books.  I remembered that my older brother had said that he had read the books to his boys when they were young and they had really enjoyed them, so I pulled them out for my eight year old.  He agreed to read them with me.  Not only has he read them, he has really liked them.  In fact, we just started By the Shores of Silver Lake, and he actually had to blink back tears when Jack died. Now admittedly, he will freely admit that Farmer Boy was his favorite book in the series, but he still likes them and looks forward to our reading every night.

So, even though I don't have a daughter, I can still share some of my favorite childhood books with my kids. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...