Monday, February 4, 2013

Hot Wheels Derby


Since I have five little boys - I also have a bucket full of little cars. One year, for Christmas we gave the boys this Hot Wheels downhill raceway. Shortly after Christmas, I taught the boys how to have a "Hot Wheels Derby" - similar to a pinewood derby. We lined up all the cars and the boys took turns choosing, then we raced them and used a single elimination system to come up with the fastest. The boys love this and beg me several times a week to help them with another derby.

Sometimes I wonder why I had all boys. I was a "girly girl" most of my life and was never that into sports, bugs, snakes, or digging in the dirt. So, most of the time, I am at somewhat of a loss as to what to do to keep the boys entertained. I think, this time at least, I finally got something right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...