Thursday, February 14, 2013

No Mess Marbled Painting



Once in a while, I will try an activity I find on Pinterest or elsewhere in the blogosphere, and put in my two cents about it here.  Today we tried no mess marbled painting that is blogged about on Inner Child Fun here.

This was a simple little project that required minimal supplies, prep, and clean-up. 

Basically, you add equal parts baby oil and water-based paint to a heavy duty ziploc bag.  Carefully press out as much air as you can and seal tightly.  Then let the kids swirl the paint away to their hearts content.

This is how it went over here - - my three year old would not even try it.  My baby that is a year and half thought it was great for about 10 minutes and then lost interest.  I found that I did not add enough of the second color and the two colors did start to blend after repeated swirling and squishing and they did not create a very pretty color, so you might think about that when choosing your colors.



Overall, I would do this again.  It is easy and inexpensive enough and I actually think my older boys might enjoy giving it a try.  So head on over to Inner Child Fun and check out her fun tutorial.  It is definitely worth a try.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...